Facebook's Graphic Violence Policy Stinks

This morning my Facebook stream contained something really quite shocking and frankly I am not an easily shocked person at all.

One of my friends had commented on a video of a an adult giving a toddler and extreme beating the likes of which I have never seen nor do I ever wish to see again. I assume the adult is the child's father and the woman filming is the mother. The video runs for over 8 minutes but I didn't get past the first 90 seconds before I had to turn it off. At first I thought it must be fake or a joke but after 90 seconds I became certain that it was not.
From the Profile https://www.facebook.com/Hr.Bay
The poster is NOT a friend of mine.

I understand the poster will probably say he is trying to get the guy caught but surely passing it to the relevant authorities would be more useful than asking for facebook likes?!?

What is perhaps even more shocking is that I decided to report the video to Facebook - when presented with the options on my report I chose 'Graphic Violence' I was hoping for abusive or criminal behaviour but it wasn't an option!

However I did think that once Facebook reviewed the video it would be taken down but the response I received is below.

Facebook apparently approve of the video!

I was totally taken a back that anyone could review this horrendous video and decide that it is fine to stay in place.

Now I will say if this had been posted by a child protection organisation such as the NSPCC then I would likely have reacted differently as they would probably have a serious reason for doing so - but posted by a kid asking for likes then I have to say I think it should be taken down.

What do you think am I over re-acting?

Will you be going to the video and reporting it too? 

Comments

  1. it would appear after a little googling an arrest was actually made some time ago - so the claim the video is there to help catch this man is no longer valid.

    http://news.sky.com/story/1024851/man-held-over-facebook-child-abuse-video

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reported pictures to Facebook depicting graphic violence (people shot to death in a vehicle, women beaten, people executed, children abused), however Facebook has refused to remove these pictures because they "found it doesn't violate Facebook's Community Standard on graphic violence, which includes depicting harm to someone or something, threats to the public's safety, or theft and vandalism."

    I'm sorry, but I DO NOT see how these pictures do not "depict harm to someone".

    The sad part is, all of these picturers were on a page geared towards teens and children. What's even more horrible is that there are worse pictures than this on this page, and Facebook refuses to remove them for the same reason.

    What's even more sad is the people that post these pictures do it just to gain likes and followers for their pages, and also use it to obtain information on your children.

    And, there are many other similar pages like it, and every page has thousands it not hundreds of thousands of followers.

    I, for one, will be deleting my Facebook account if they allow stuff like this to continue. I will also be taking my advertising dollars elsewhere and recommend that every advertiser on Facebook do the same.

    I think they have a bunch of 18 year old rejects from 4Chan working there or something.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding a Simple Online CRM - You'd think it would be easy!

Less Annoying CRM - Why it wasn't for me but might be for you!